UVO Overview: The Benefits & How To Use It
Serving Gainesville, GA
UVO is Kia’s informatics suite that adds important features and services to your vehicle. Compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, UVO links your smartphone to your vehicle display and provides several functions to increase safety, security and convenience.
Benefits of UVO
UVO offers three suites – eco, eServices and luxe – that share a common set of essentials:
- Roadside Assistance: At the push of button, you are connected to a trained agent, available 24/7, when you need assistance. No need to figure out your location or look up a phone number.
- 911 Connect: If an airbag deploys, 911 Connect will automatically call 911 and send your location to the response agent.
- Hands-Free Calling and Texting: Advanced voice recognition technology lets you safely communicate while driving.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Compatibility: Utilize the features of these smartphone apps in your vehicle.
- Parking Minder: Saves your parking location so you don’t have to search the parking lot. Also lets you set parking times in case you have to “feed the meter.”
- My POIs and Send to Car: Add points of interests on smartphone app or online portal and sync to Kia for directions as you drive.
- Trip Info: Centralize your driving data, such as distance, speed, and even a driving score.
- Vehicle Diagnostics: Push a button to check your car’s condition and, if necessary, call Roadside Assistance.
- Critical Diagnostic Alert: Warns you of certain critical issues that need immediate attention.
- My Car Zone: Let’s you set curfews, speed alerts and geofencing – handy when you lend your car to another driver.
- Eco: For hybrid vehicles, you can check your phone for charging status, set charge schedules, find charging stations, perform remote lock/unlock, set climate control, set valet alerts and find your vehicle.
- Luxe: Adds remote engine start/stop to essential services.
How to Use UVO
Uvo is designed for easy, intuitive use:
- Setup: Install and register Uvo on your smartphone, then connect the phone to your Kia via the USB port. Activate Uvo by touching any Uvo function on the car’s display.
- Set eServices Connect: Set default behavior when airbags activate, set Parking Monitor to always operate when you set your Kia in Park, and set values for My Car Zone – speed limits, curfew and geofence. On first use, you’ll set up a security PIN. You can also schedule diagnostics to run every month on a given day, and set Trip Info Sync Reminder to turn on every time.
- Select functions from menu: You can choose menu items to run diagnostics, call Roadside Assistance, set My Car Zone, use Parking Minder, call Kia for services or retrieve Points of Interest.