Lake Lanier Shore Sweep
Carriage Kia is proudly located in Gainesville, GA, just a hop, skip, and a jump from Lake Lanier. On Saturday September 26th, the 27th Annual Lake Lanier Shore Sweep will be taking place from 8:00AM-1:00PM. If you enjoy having such a beautiful lake right in our back yard, take a few hours out of your day to volunteer and help to clean up and preserve Lake Lanier.
In case you are not familiar with Shore Sweep.
- It is the largest, single day clean up event in the state of Geogia.
- This massive cleanup is performed all by community volunteers.
- It is hosted by the Lake Lanier Association (5013c)
- Typically there are over 1,000 volunteers who collect over 30 tons (60,000 lbs) of trash off Lake Lanier in a single day.
- 2014 was a banner year with over 1,100 volunteers collecting 50 tons of trash during the event.
- This year, we revaluated our collection sites and either strategically located closer to the point of source or added new sites in Hall County (Longwood Park & Don Carter State Park) to appeal to more volunteers.
- The end goal is not to become better trash pickers, but to engage our community to litter less.
If you wish to volunteer and help out during this big day, please visit www.lakelanier .org for more information, or call 770-503-7757.