Fall Car Care Tips
Fall is officially here. That means cooler temperatures and beautiful trees are in our future. The new season also means more rain. Here are a few fall car care tips to make sure your car is ready.
- Tires. Wet leaves on the ground can sometimes be just as slick as ice and snow. Make sure your tires are properly inflated and have adequate tread. Check your tires for bald spots and bulges.
- Brakes. Even if your tires are brand new, if your brakes aren’t working well, you will have major problems. Have the whole brake system checked including, brake linings, pads, rotors, and drums, to make sure you’ll be able to stop.
- Windshield wipers. With more rain in the upcoming months, you want to make sure you’re prepared with properly working wipers. In general, wipers should be replaced every six months. Look for cracks and tears, and if they just aren’t working, get them replaced.
- Battery. Have you battery checked to make sure it has enough juice to make it through the winter. If it is older than 3 years, it may have to be replaced.
- HVAC system. Even in the winter, your air conditioning system plays an important role—it helps keep your windows from fogging up by removing moisture from the air. Have it inspected to make sure everything is in good working order.
Schedule an appointment with the Carriage Kia Service Department and we’ll make sure your car is ready for the seasons ahead.